Tasty Food Program Administrative Assistant – Office of Children’s Affairs
About Our Job
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested. This job application closes on Friday, July 16th at 11:59 PM.
This position is part time and not eligible for benefits. The individual can expect to work 20-30 hours a week.
The Office of Children's Affairs was established in 2013 as the successor agency to the Mayor's Office for Education and Children, which was established in 1995 to serve children and youth in the City of Denver from birth to young adulthood. The OCA vision is to deliver a city where all children, youth and their families can succeed. To do this, OCA provides services that support Denver's children and families in attaining success through increasing access to opportunities and resources. Our core services include: gathering and analyzing data related to youth outcomes, Parent/Youth Coaching and Training, Convening and Partnership with community stakeholders, Advocacy and Policy focused on priorities that improve outcomes for children and youth, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, Community Engagement and Technical Program Support.
The Office of Children's Affairs is seeking an Tasty Food Program Administrative Assistant to support the administrative duties for the Tasty Food Program. This program provides free meals to youth 18 and under at approximately 20 locations across the city of Denver. This individual in this role will assist in the daily operations under the supervision of the Director of Health Initiatives and the Health Initiatives Coordinator.
Additionally, this Tasty Food Program Administrative Assistant can expect too:
- Order meals on a weekly basis for 20 sites, including making daily adjustments to reduce waste and to accommodate preferences of youth at each site.
- Learn program regulations to ensure that Tasty Food complies with state agency guidelines.
- Interpret and explain policies and regulations of meal program to answer questions and provide information on program to site staff.
- Ensure that all daily online entries are submitted on time to ensure 100% accuracy the information required for reimbursement.
- Communicate with sites via telephone and email to troubleshoot problems and errors with paperwork and food order needs
- Troubleshoot and assist with problems occurring in program or with vendor.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate has:
- Great organization/clerical skills
- Being able to work independently
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: One (1) year of clerical experience.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
About Everything Else
CC1484 Administrative Support Assistant II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$15.90 - $23.85
Based on education and experience
Office of Children's Affairs
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.