Sr. Business Development Manager-Kroger
The Business Development Senior Manager (BDSM) Kroger will be responsible for the successful achievement of the ongoing Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving objectives established each fiscal year assigned for the specified Kroger businesses. The key competencies associated with this position include (but are not limited to): establishing a strategic vision & perspective for assigned customers, effectively managing ambiguity & complexity in the marketplace, developing strategically aligned partnerships with assigned customers, demonstrating decision making agility, providing thought leadership through creative and innovative customer approaches, and utilizing business & financial acumen to deliver assigned revenue & profit goals within assigned spend. This position will focus on further developing Kroger's base business and play a role to develop growth initiatives, strategies, and tactics for emerging categories.
Responsibility: Achieve Fiscal Year Financials
- Direct and deliver key financial metrics versus AOP sales with an aligned trade spend plan
Responsibility: In-Market Execution and Customer Development
- Develop customer specific objectives in support of Del Monte's strategic plan for Kroger businesses
- Achieve new item, assortment, pricing, and merchandising objectives set forth for specific customer objectives
Responsibility: Direct and Drive JBP Partnership at Appropriate Levels of Kroger
- Merchandising: Achieve annual and key even merchandising objectives
- New Items: Deliver new item objectives
- Pricing: Manager everyday pricing within GTMS
- GDP's: Grow GDP's/maintain share of GDP's => than SOM (key segments)
- Execute assortment and shelving initiatives/customer category reviews to improve DLM shelf presence
- Drive market share in select categories and sub-categories in line with Corporate objectives
- Shopper Marketing program coordination
- Develop and track annual Fiscal plans with strategies to deliver continued growth with Kroger over the next 2-3 years
- Effectively engage and leverage cross functional resources (HQ Business Unit, Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain) to exceed/achieve business objectives with assigned customer
- Own development of Kroger's business utilizing cross-functional resources such as Category Management & Insights, Shopper Marketing, Customer Finance and Business Intelligence Analytics, to drive volume and share growth
- Manage the business forecasting for Kroger across all business segments and entry into AMPS/BW. Ensure spending, deductions and financials are on track to plans.
- Leverage Customer Development to translate, integrate and activate Del Monte Consumer strategies into key customer-level business plans, with particular focus on Shopper and Category initiatives
Responsibility: Customer Meetings Support
- Coordinate and attend sales/review/innovation presentations at Kroger
- Collaborate with Category Management and Customer Development to deliver best in class presentation materials and insights for business meetings
- Create meeting cadence with Category Managers, Coordinators, Directors
- Facilitate meetings with Kroger cross-functional departments as needed to support Del Monte initiatives
- Create and implement Ecommerce business at Kroger
- Responsibility for implementation and sell in of programs and new items at Spartan/Nash & SuperValu independents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct and execute all aspects of the fiscal year sales plan execution:
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan to grow profitable volume year over year
- Establish customer priorities, objectives and strategies based on marketplace conditions
- Manage retail execution to ensure optimal shelf presence and retail conditions
- Review DMFI GTMS with customer for understanding and compliance
- Provide strategic input, reflecting customer requirements/needs into AOP planning process focusing on trade marketing strategy/tactics, delivering a plan that can be executed with customer to achieve company objectives.
- Identify and understand customer's needs, and successfully interface with CD to customize plans that best meet the customer's strategic direction while optimizing growth opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of trade spend to ensure DMFI funds are effectively utilized equitably with promotional strategies to achieve merchandising objectives. Manage trade funds to ensure incremental volume and profits result from spend. Monitor post promotional analysis to assess the impact of promotions and adjust, as appropriate, to improve results.
- Analyze and pursue innovative incremental growth opportunities and strategies during the trade plan development phase, present these to Team Lead & CD for alignment, then incorporate into JBP.
- Manage business based on a strategic scorecard aligned with customer, which focuses on mutually beneficial business growth, review quarterly, course correct when required, and proactively manage business.
- Manage internal resources to resolve promotion related deductions and forecast promotional demand.
- Leverage cross functional support groups (Sales Finance, Supply Chain, Category Leadership, CD) to drive growth, provide insights and improve customer services.
- Analyze customer, category and channel data to develop insights, solutions and recommendations to drive profitable growth for the customer and DMFI.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required.
- 5-10 years region or headquarters retail sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry and broker.
- Proven record of success in retail grocery industry with consumer packaged goods or broker experience. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to influence customer contacts. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and analytical and problem solving abilities. Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Nielsen or other syndicated data and competent in PowerPoint.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.