Senior Plant Accounting Coordinator
The Senior Plant Accounting Coordinator compiles data from various sources to prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports used by management in support of plant operations in the areas of packaging, inventory, yields, and labor. Requires solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles as well as strong attention to detail and initiative to research issues and solve problems.
- Compiles data from various sources (SAP, ADC, manual sheets from Supervisors, etc.) to prepare various daily reports in Excel including Yield Reports, Daily Pack Report, OPS Report, and Labor Report requiring data entry, data manipulation, and formulas in Excel.
- Researches missing invoices by contacting vendors, the Purchasing department and Accounts Payable and responding to vendor inquiries about invoices.
- Ensures all production orders are properly reconciled and recognized in the correct day, week and period and investigates and follows-up timely on all production order errors or discrepancies.
- Completes the weekly Scorecard so management can assess and evaluate operational performance against forecast, standard, and other metrics.
- Analyzes and investigates manufacturing variance accounts (i.e., labor efficiency, yields, formulation, overhead, PPV, etc) and provides explanations.
- Assists in the tracking of cost savings against budgets and the measurement of actual savings.
- Reviews raw material and packaging standard costs for accuracy on an annual basis. Reviews purchase price variance accounts monthly.
- Prepares and distributes the daily yield and labor efficiency reports.
- Reviews raw meat, packaging, ingredients and MRO parts inventory for accuracy and reconciliation to ledger.
- Performs BOM analysis and verification as part of our bills of materials and routings review. Ensure an annual 100 percent review of bills of materials and routings and enter in the tracking system
- Assists in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 implementation and maintains internal control documentation and the testing of internal controls.
- Prepares and updates the monthly account validation documents as part of our SOX reporting responsibilities.
- Ensures that financial controls are in place across the plant, which are in accordance to Group policy and actively adhered to, including accounting cut-off procedures.
- Provides back up and support to other Accounting staff in the areas of yield reporting, finished goods inventory, payroll and other areas as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years related experience, preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Proven ability to use Excel on a daily basis including manipulation of large amounts of data and creation of simple formulas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to fully research issues and solve problems.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.