Outlet 1 Food Server I
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Located on the world famous San Antonio River Walk, the upscale Westin Riverwalk Hotel offers our associates the opportunity to work in a beautiful location, in a city rich with history and culture. In addition to our health insurance plans and employer matching 401K plan, our associates enjoy a host of on-site benefits that include free meals, free bus passes and heavily discounted parking in a downtown location. Associates at the Westin Riverwalk have access to the Marriott Room Rate Discount program. This program offers room rate discounts at thousands of hotels located throughout the world, with many of these hotels offering a 20% discount for food and beverages.
Come join our team! In 2019 our hotel is celebrating twenty years of service to the hospitality industry in San Antonio.
Serve guests in a hospitable manner to ensure positive guest experience.
- Hospitably greet, prepare and serve drinks to guests according to HEI Hotels and Resorts beverage service standards.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare station for readiness prior to opening and closing of each shift.
- Follow all cash handling and bank operating procedures as outlined by HEI Hotels and Resorts.
- Perform all side work duties according to side work schedules.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Ability to use point of service computer.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117956455