Hot Foods Evening Chef (Part Time)
Seeking a long term (available year-round) employee for a fast-paced, multitask-oriented position where strong customer service skills are required as the emphasis in this position is on providing prompt, courteous, and accurate service to customers. Primary learning challenges include knowledge of Deli procedures, food safety and sanitization, presentation standards, safe operation of Deli equipment, and proper preparation of product. Position requires ongoing moderate to heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), walking, standing, bending, operation of Deli equipment (slicers, scales, and knives), and exposure to hot surfaces and oils. Must have superior social, judgment and decision-making skills. Position functions and work directions are provided by the Deli Manager, Deli Supervisor, Manager on Duty, or Store Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Looking for someone who can work up to 39 hours a week.
- Looking to fill evening shifts, including weekends and some holidays
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in preparing, handling and cooking food
- Interest in product knowledge
- Food-handling experience preferred but not required
We are currently hiring.