Food Service Worker – PSD*
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY AND JOIN THE PRESCHOOL SERVICES TEAM!
The Preschool Services Department (PSD) is recruiting for Food Service Workers who perform a variety of food service duties for preschool aged children at Preschool sites.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur throughout the County. Immediate vacancies exist in Yucaipa, Rialto, San Bernardino, and Ontario.
These are contract positions assigned to work approximately 9 months per year. The list may also be used to fill 12 month contract positions.
*Official Title: PSD Food Service Worker - Contract
For more detailed information, refer to the PSD Food Service Worker-Contract job description.
For more information about PSD benefits, see links for: PSD 9 Month Contract or PSD 12 Month Contract .
Click here to view the Preschool Services Department Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Effective January 31, 2022, the Office of Head Start (OHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Interim Final Rule requires that all existing staff and new hires complete a vaccination series against COVID 19 as follows: have their second dose in a two-dose vaccination series, or first dose in a single-dose vaccination by January 31, 2022. New hires may request an exemption from the vaccination requirements under the following: (1) the new hire is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the new hire is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons. Valid exemptions must be submitted before the start of employment. New hires who have an approved exemption will be subject to weekly testing and must wear a face covering while on site.
2) Ability to lift objects up to 40 pounds and small children as needed. Other physical demands include: sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting, grasping, fine manipulation, pushing/pulling, reaching, stooping, using smell and touch, working outside and vision and hearing.
3) Must pass a pre-employment physical including a tuberculosis test and required immunizations (SB792).
4) Must obtain a valid San Bernardino County Food Handler's card upon hire and maintain throughout employment.
5) Travel throughout the County may be required. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile insurance must be provided for the individual providing the transportation.
*(Remote/telework not available for this position.)
*** BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ***
Job offers are contingent upon passing a background investigation which includes a fingerprint check and search of the Child Abuse Index before appointment. If an individual has been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, the individual cannot work or be present in any community care facility unless they request and subsequently obtain a criminal record exemption from the Community Care Licensing Division, Caregiver Background Check Bureau (CBCB). With the exception of minor traffic violations, all convictions, including misdemeanors, felonies, and convictions occurring a long time ago, require an exemption. CBCB also examines arrest records to determine if there is a possible danger to clients. Crimes against children and convictions of a violent nature, such as sex offenses, murder, manslaughter, arson, and robbery are crimes for which an exemption cannot be issued. (Health & Safety Code section 1596.871)
**NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, time management, and mathematical skills. A high school diploma or a GED is desirable and must be indicated on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Those candidates who possess Head Start/Preschool experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) is highly preferred and should be noted on the application.
Examination Procedure :
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire; therefore, it is to your advantage to provide as much relevant and detailed work experience as possible, as resumes will not be reviewed in lieu of the application materials.
Application Procedure :
Please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 5:00 pm, Friday, January 27, 2023.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application as soon as possible. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application, we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
EEO/ADA: San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
ADA Accommodation: If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
Veterans' Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points.
For important information on employment processes and submitting job applications, see links below: Guide to Completing a County Job Application
Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: 1/27/2023 5:00 PM Pacific