Food Service Worker II
Under supervision, to assist in the preparation and serving of food in large quantities; and to lead a small group of subordinates in an assigned food service activity.
Applicants who meet the employment standards will be invited to take a written examination tentatively scheduled for March 15-17, 2021.
- Cooks eggs, bacon and other short order items;
- Assists in the preparation of meats, vegetables, sauces, gravies, pastries, and desserts;
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, salad dressings; desserts, and drinks;
- Performs tray-line activities such as serving food portions, checking trays, or calling items;
- Checks tallies to determine proper food quantities;
- Washes pots, pans and dishes;
- May drive a truck in delivery of food to outlying buildings;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs related work as required.
Sufficient training, education and experience that demonstrate the ability to perform the above typical tasks and the possession of the knowledge and abilities listed below.
Training and Experience Note: The required knowledge and abilities are attained through possession of a high school diploma or equivalent;
One (1) year of experience with high volume food preparation in a commercial / industrial / institutional kitchen setting, which included cleaning of appliances, equipment and premises.
- Possession of a California ServSafe Food Handler Certificate is desirable.
- Lead/supervisory experience is desirable.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County Driver's Authorization.
- Food preparation and serving practices;
- Kitchen cleaning and sanitation methods;
- Operation and care of kitchen equipment;
- Proper lifting techniques;
- Basic arithmetic.
- Read and write in English;
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions;
- Perform a full range of food service duties;
- Exercise independent judgment;
- Lead and supervise subordinate staff assigned to food service activities;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Manual dexterity;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Closing Date/Time: 2/16/2021 11:59 PM Pacific