Food Service Specialist – Temp
Job Posting Title
Food Service Specialist - Temp
650 DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Claremore Veterans Center
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
$13.68 per hour
Positions in this job family are involved in handling, preparing, cooking and serving food for regular, modified and special diets at a state hospital, school, facility or institution. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
- Prepares foods, salads, and desserts; cooks or bakes a variety of items.
- Supplies unit with meat, fish or fowl as ordered; cuts and prepares meat, poultry or fish.
- Cleans and prepares foods using tools such as knives, slicers and peelers and equipment such as ovens and steamers; follows written diet orders.
- Operates dishwasher; gathers, cleans, stacks and hand washes or scours pots, pans, dishes, silverware and other cooking and baking utensils.
- Removes refuse from kitchen area; sweeps mops and scrubs kitchen, dining and storage areas.
- Labels, loads and delivers food carts or trays; picks up trays after use.
- Defrosts and cleans refrigerators, walk-in coolers and related equipment.
- Operates state-owned cars, vans, and/or other motorized transportation.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned simple and routine duties of handling, preparing and serving food. In this role they will perform tasks such as preparing toast, tea, and coffee, and maintaining the cleanliness of the food service area.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of basic food preparation techniques; of food service operations; of proper sanitation practices; and of basic mathematics. Ability is required to carry out routine tasks to completion; to follow oral and written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.