Food & Nutrition Services – Eligibility Team Lead
What You'll Be Doing
Join #TeamWake to help end hunger and improve nutrition and health by assisting eligible low-income households buy the food they need for a nutritionally adequate diet. Our Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) section works to ensure Wake County residents have access to healthy foods. We are currently seeking a Food & Nutrition Services Eligibility Team Lead to help coach a dynamic team of Caseworkers!
The Eligibility Team Lead will provide advanced-level program assistance to case management staff in the Food & Nutrition program by performing the following duties:
- Providing supervisory coverage
- Performing quality assurance reviews, training, and instruction of team members and working one-on-one with new staff
- Preparing duty schedules; assigning work
- Assisting Program Manager and team leaders as needed
- Assisting with taking applications for Food & Nutrition Services
- Assessing client needs, making appropriate referrals, and responding to changes in a timely manner
About Our Team
Wake County Health and Human Services (WCHHS) is the consolidation of programs and services that include social services, public health, job search assistance, child support, and transportation. Our mission, in partnership with the community, is to facilitate full access to high quality and effective health and human services for Wake County residents. In addition to our numerous standard programs, Wake County Health and Human Services (WCHHS) is engaged in a number of special initiatives that are impacting services and programs throughout our entire agency. Whether legislated down from the changing regulations on the Federal or State level or bubbling up from the entrepreneurial spirit of our staff, you can always look forward to Wake County Health and Human Services implementing new and exciting enhancements to our services and programs.
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of job-related experience
- Equivalent education and experience are accepted
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Experience determining eligibility for Food & Nutrition Services in an intake setting
- Spanish language skills
- Current Food and Nutrition program case management experience
- NC Fast proficiency
- Experience mentoring and or training co-workers in a human services environment, specifically with a Food and Nutrition program within an Economic Services division
How Will We Know You're 'The One'?
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help an employee strengthen their knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Ability to present information to individuals or to groups
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information
- Skilled in coordinating, facilitating, and presenting using a collaborative approach
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues
- Ability to actively participate as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals
- Ability to lead and guide others to develop new skills and knowledge that will enhance their work.
- Ability to take action to improve existing conditions and processes and maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment
- Ability to use appropriate interaction skills and methods to guide individuals or groups to accomplish work
About This Position
Location: Human Services Center Swinburne Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Hiring Range: $21.33 - $28.80, commensurate with experience
Posting Closing Date: 7:00 pm on 11/21/2023
What Makes Wake Great
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the most populous county in the state, with more than 1.1 million residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve two-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.874 billion, employs over 4400 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award-winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Wake County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Background Check Statement
Position may require a background check that may include: criminal, credit, motor vehicle, education, and sexual offender registry or others based on job requirements. Unless required by state law, a record of conviction will not automatically exclude you from consideration for employment. Wake County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Emergency Service Worker Statement
In the event of an emergency, as determined by the County Manager or designee, participation in preparedness and response operations should be expected. Employee may be required to fill a temporary assignment in a role different from standard duties, work hours and/or work location in preparation for, during and after the emergency. Employee may also be required to participate in relevant exercises and regular preparedness training.