Director of Nutrition & Food Services*
The Heart Of A Healthy Community
Voted Best Hospital in San Bernardino County!
Apply To One of the Most Important Jobs At The Hospital
Sign on Bonus Once Hired
Relocation Assistance May Be Available
Invest In Your Retirement With A County Pension Plan
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center is looking to fill one of the most important roles at the hospital, the Director of Nutrition & Food Services. This is a single position classification characterized by its responsibility to manage the operations of clinical dietary programs and direct staff engaged in clinical and therapeutic nutrition activities through subordinate supervisors. This position also oversees Food Services and café, catering, and kitchen operations, and staff who serve patients, hospital staff, and visitors.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition programs and services to meet the nutritional needs of patients in accordance with physician's orders through nutrition screening, assessment, intervention, and counseling for patients to optimize health and promote recovery
- Develop and maintain standards of food production and service for preparation, sanitation, safety, security and storage to ensure compliance with state and local health and regulatory standards
- Oversee clinical nutrition services with the development of clinically appropriate nutritional assessments, interventions and menu development; and approves and/or oversees the approval of therapeutic diets and patient menus
- Oversee ARMC's Café and retail food outlet
- Oversee catering services requested by departments of the hospital
- Develop, prepare and maintain department budget and financial reports; monitors productivity and staffing; oversees billing functions.
Official Title: ARMC Nutrition Services Manager; click HERE to review the job description.
ARROWHEAD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated, teaching medical center featuring the newest technology in the field of patient care. ARMC, is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and five Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.
For additional information regarding this position and our County, click below.
- Recruitment Brochure
- Org Chart
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Applicants selected for this position must pass a background investigation and medical examination including drug screening.
2) Must possess current California ServSafe certification with Manager Training from an accredited agency.
3) Travel throughout the County may be required. A valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance is required at the time of appointment.
Must Meet The Following:
Certification: Must possess a Commission on Dietetic Registration as a Registered Dietitian by the State of California.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience managing a nutrition and/or food service program in a hospital OR five (5) years of experience managing a food service or nutrition program in a large institution such as a correctional facility, school, military kitchen, or large casinos.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an acute care hospital with a Registered Dietitian license specializing in dietary meal preparation while overseeing a large food services staff. Additionally, this candidate will have confidence working with physicians and other hospital professional & food services staff to create an array of menu options.
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the information provided in your Application and the Supplemental Questionnaire. The most highly qualified candidates, based on the evaluation results, will be referred for an interview. Be sure to include in your application and supplemental questions your experience in meeting and exceeding the minimum requirements.
Application Procedure : Applications will be accepted continuously and reviewed periodically. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaires.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process