Job Location:: Franklin, TN - Franklin, TN
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our exciting new pet food business at our headquarters in Franklin, TN. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
Purpose of Role
The role is responsible for the design and installation of projects across multiple sites with emphasis on control systems. This will require the ability to work across multiple segments (Dry, and Care &Treats pet food) and all aspects of engineering functional areas. The role is responsible for deploying his/her engineering know-how to successfully execute and deliver projects to the business.
- Develop and execute projects that are technically feasible to meet business and segment plans that are common to all sites and segments
- Establishing strong consulting and peer relationships with site leadership and associates
- Drive for Excellence in Execution and continuously improve the effectiveness of the controls technical group
- Fostering and Sustaining a winning environment which promotes safety, engagement, trust and confidence
- Manage project teams to meet project objectives as agreed by stakeholders before project execution
- Drive project teams to focus on safety, environmental, food safety, etc. on all projects.
- Manage and Measure the efficacy of segment project's scope, schedule, budget, and cash flow
- Provide project solutions with value added engineering and lean design
- Standardize Solutions (faster and lower cost projects, easier support, lower risk)
- Ensuring sites have the right Infrastructure for Support, Backups, Recovery and Data Logging
- Ensuring sites have adequate skills, training, and external support to maintain operational availability
- Ensuring all capital projects have appropriate Controls Support, Plans, and Documentation.
- Development of direct and indirect team members who require controls knowledge.
- Planning and Prioritization of Capital needs
- Developing multiple competent automation and electrical engineering support vendors to manage our workload.
- Stay current with all applicable technology developments
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Project Management
- Process Management
- Engineering Functional/Technical Skills: Process, Packaging, Electrical/Controls, Construction or Utilities
- Proven track record and In-Depth understanding of Electrical Systems and Controls
- Understand and Manage Quality, Safety, and Environmental aspects of projects
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity, Budgets and Tight Deadlines
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration and Relationship Building
- Critical thinking skills
- Innovative thinking
- Good Communication, Listening and Influencing Skills
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Capability
- Lean Principles
- 20%-50% travel requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Controls or Electrical Engineering or relevant engineering degree
- 3+ years' experience in a comparable technical position - food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable
- Advanced degree in Engineering or MBA considered a plus
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.