Associate Communications Specialist, Freshwater & Food – 21032
Associate Communications Specialist, Freshwater & Food - 21032
# of Openings: 1
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Freshwater & Food Communications Associate Specialist for our team in Washington, DC. This position supports the Freshwater & Food Communications team in the development and delivery of key communications, development, outreach and partner engagement across the Freshwater and Food (FW & FD) teams. This position plays a critical role in bridging freshwater and food conservation activities with the brand's public-facing outlets, including the website, social media channels, media, and donor-communications.
- Support day-to-day communications activities for freshwater and food initiatives.
- Creates & maintain freshwater and food related content, including web and social pieces, on-boarding materials for new team members, and promotional collateral for other internal WWF colleagues as well as external partners.
- Manage data systems/design/delivery for internal and external outreach.
- Support communication, planning, and logistics between the Freshwater and Food teams and other relevant teams in the organization such as Development & Private Sector Engagement, to advance our goals.
- Support development and execution of special communications/outreach projects and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 6 years relevant communications and/or marketing experience. A Bachelor's degree in a related area such as Environment or Communications may substitute for 4 years of experience
- Must have detailed organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and commitment to meet deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to write, edit, and distill volumes of technical content into easy-to-consume formats strongly preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, experience working on matrixed teams is desired
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
Please Note : candidates are encouraged to apply by Sunday, February 7 th
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page , Requisition #21032
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.