Administrative Support Coordinator – Food Science and Nutrition (533504)
The Administrative Support Coordinator I (ASC) works under the general direction of the department head and assists the Administrative Support Coordinator II with overall administrative coordination and operational continuity of a complex program area. The position performs a variety of administrative and specialized office functions including monitoring and maintaining purchasing and ordering control of all instructional supplies and equipment.
The Food Science and Nutrition (FSN) Department is comprised of 17 tenured/ tenure track faculty and lecturers, and four support staff. Within the Department, there are two Bachelor of Science degree majors (Food Science and Nutrition), two minors (Food Science and Nutrition), a Master of Science degree in Food Science and one in Nutrition.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Ability to perform standard business math to track financial data, monitor department expenditures, such as calculate ratios and percentages, and make simple projections using accounting principles.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent. Type 45 wpm. Four years of general office support or technical experience. (Training at a vocational school or full-time college education may be substituted for two years of the required experience on the basis of one year of college education for 6 months of experience).
Licenses, Certificates, Credentials:
- Possession of a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $46,000 - $51,000 per year
Classification Range: $42,060 - $66,096 per year
Known for its Learn by Doing pedagogy, Cal Poly is the flagship of the world-renowned California State University system. Annually recognized as one of the top public universities in the nation, Cal Poly continues to offer an academic curriculum based on learned experience gained through real-world practice. Located in San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly is nestled comfortably among the coastal foothills, minutes from the Pacific Ocean and equidistant to the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our benefits website for additional information.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H-1B visas).
Positions are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled